Welcome to Good Foods Co-op Online Shopping
What You Need to Know
In order to access Good Foods Co-op’s online store, you will need to be an owner. If you are interested in learning more about ownership options please go to www.goodfoods.coop/about-the-co-op/become-an-owner. We offer multiple payment options to accommodate every budget.
- Click LOGIN and SETUP ONLINE ACCOUNT under the big LOGIN button.
- Select your preferred verification method under RESET METHOD and submit to create your password.
- Put items in your cart and when ready to place your order click on the shopping cart in the upper right of your screen, then click ORDER NOW to check out.
- Click the only available receiving method: CURBSIDE PICKUP.
- Choose a Date & Time: 10 AM to 8:30 pm every day.
- Choose a payment option: Pay online (“Pay with New Card”), Owner Rewards or Pay at Pickup.
- At the scheduled time, park in one of the designated parking spaces near the main entrance and click on the link in your confirmation email. If you don’t have your email handy or you’ve waited longer than 5 minutes for your order, you can also call (859) 278-1813 ext. 0. Your order will be brought to your car.
We are excited to offer online shopping, powered by WebCart, to provide owners with a safe and convenient shopping alternative. As a new program for the Co-op, the platform is still under development. New items and pick-up times will be added, so if you are not able to find a product online that we carry in-store or an open pick-up window, please check back periodically. You can also send us any item requests by emailing GoodFoods@goodfoods.coop, and we will work to get those items in place!
Currently, our online shopping service is for OWNERS ONLY. If you are not a member of the Co-op, we encourage you to join now for as little as $5 per month. Once you become an owner, you will be able to create a login and begin using our service. If you don’t have a Good Foods Co-op owner share, you don’t have an account in our system, so you can’t use the service time.
Payment and Pick-Up
We are pleased to accept online credit card payments through the website or at pick-up. We are also excited to be able to accept EBT for this service; in order to use your EBT benefits you will need to select the “Pay at Pick-up” option. Your Owner Rewards may also be applied to your purchase. When this option is selected, your points balance will be applied to your order first, and then the system will prompt you for a secondary method of payment for any remaining balance.
Current pick-up times are available every day from 10:00 am to 8:30 pm; orders will need to be placed by 7:00 pm for same-day pickup. Note the instructions under “Placing Your Order” below. Your payment will be authorized when you place your order, but NOT charged until the order is processed. During your scheduled pick-up window, park in the designated curbside spaces near the front door, click the link in your confirmation email to notify us of your arrival, pop your trunk, and your groceries will be placed in your trunk for you. You do not need to get out of your car. If you have special requests regarding pickup (e.g., to ensure a fully contact-free experience) or to alert the curbside staff to heightened safety risks (e.g. if you are under quarantine for potential or confirmed COVID), please note this in the order instructions box located on the right-hand side of the cart summary.
Please note that in order to ensure this program is viable for the Co-op, there will be a processing fee of $5.00 added to orders less than $50 ($0-$49.99). Orders of $50 or more will have the fee waived.
Please also be aware that pickup times become available 48 hours from the current time, so if you need pick-up in a later window, you will need to finalize your order within 48 hours of your desired pick-up time.
Creating Your Login
Our online shopping service is currently for owners only. Since owners already have accounts with us, you will just need to create an online password for your existing account. For you to create an online shopping password, we must have a current email address associated with your member account on file. You cannot sign up for online shopping if you have not provided us with the email address and/or phone number associated with your owner account. If we don’t have your email or phone number, you will get the message “Could not validate your identity based on the provided account details” when you follow the steps below. If you need help, please send your updated email address and phone number to Kathryn at email@example.com. You can also call customer service at (859) 278-1813 ext. 0.
Smartphone users please note: The mobile version of WebCart is formatted differently from the computer browser version. To login, access the main drop-down menu by clicking the 3-bar menu icon in the upper left of your smartphone screen. You must scroll all the way down, past the category options, to find the LOGIN option. It changes to LOG OUT after you log in; your name is not displayed like the full browser version.
To create your password:
- On a computer browser, click LOGIN in the upper right corner of the navigation bar. On a smartphone, click the menu option in the upper left corner of the screen. Scroll to the bottom and click LOGIN.
- Below the Login bar, you will see, “Already a customer at our store? If so, please use your existing contact information to setup your account for online use.” Click the link that follows called SETUP ONLINE ACCOUNT.
- Select your Reset Method (how to receive your verification code): email, text, or phone call; then click SUBMIT. Provide the necessary information. You will receive an email, a text, or an automated voice call with a verification code. If you select to receive a phone call, please be aware that you will receive an automated call from an (828) area code.
- Type in the verification code you received and click CONTINUE.
- Create a password to access your account.
- Once you have created a password, you will be able to log into your account. When logged in, your name will display in the upper right corner of the navigation bar. View additional settings and update your profile by hovering your mouse over your name. In addition to the ability to create shopping lists and viewing your online purchase history, you may also view your Owner Rewards and purchases you made in the store through the online interface and update your personal information. In order to update your information once you are logged in, simply hover over your name and click “Profile” from the drop-down menu that appears.
Getting Started Shopping
- Please log in to your online shopping account before you begin adding items to your cart, so that when you view your cart it reflects any applicable discounts or sales.
- Important: If you have not already, you should definitely log in before you click the ORDER NOW button in the Cart. This assures that you won’t be asked for your name and email in Step 1 of checkout, and that your order is properly linked to your account.
- If you forget to log in before pressing ORDER NOW, try using your browser’s refresh button once or twice while the checkout screen is displayed. This should update Step 1 and mark it complete.
- You can choose to shop by product category from the home page. Click VIEW MORE to see all the items in that group.
- You can also select a category from the top navigation bar and shop sub-categories with the drop-down menus and filters on the left side of the screen.
- Use the search bar to search by keyword.
- When looking at product categories, use the filters along the side bar to narrow your search.
Placing Your Order
- On your shopping cart summary page, please remember to add any notes or special instructions to specific items or the whole order.
- Please be sure to mark the ALLOW SUBSTITUTIONS option for your cart or individual items if you wish to allow our associates the opportunity to offer you a substitution for unavailable products.
- Click the cart icon to review or manage the items in your shopping cart.
- When ready, and you are logged into your account, click ORDER NOW from the shopping cart. Step 1 should already be completed by logging in. Complete steps 2 through 4. Under step 2, the only option is Curbside Pick-up.
- Choose a date and time you will pick up your order from the drop-down menus. Pick-up is available from 10:00 am to 8:30 pm, every day. Once you have selected your preferred pickup window, please click CONTINUE. Please note that if your order is very large, we may need additional time to allow staff adequate time to complete your order. We will contact you if we need to reschedule your pickup time for any reason.
- Under step 3, pick your payment option. You may choose to pay online with a credit card or Owner Rewards, or pay at pick-up with your EBT benefits.
- If you choose to pay online, a temporary authorization/hold may be placed on your credit card account in the amount of your order. However, we will not actually charge your card until we finalize your order at the store. The amount charged may vary slightly from the estimated amount, especially if you purchased weighed items or request pickup after an applicable sale has ended. We base weighed item estimates on average weight, and we will weigh items for actual price when shopping your order. Please be aware that the hold may remain on your account for a couple of days following completion of your order, even after the final amount has cleared your account. This is at the discretion of your credit card company and is outside of Good Foods’ control, and does not mean you will be charged twice for your order. If the hold amount does not clear after several days, please contact your credit card company directly.
- Click CONFIRM ORDER if all looks correct.
- You should receive a confirmation email when your order is completed. If you have authorized E-Receipts, you will get your receipt when the order is prepared in the store.
- Once your order is submitted you will have the ability to make changes to your order through the WebCart system only until the store begins picking your order. At this time, the edit function will no longer be available and staff will not be able to add any additional products or make substitutions that were not authorized during the order process.
- Please note that we are unable to accommodate ordering or payment for special orders through the WebCart system. If you are interested in placing a special order, please use the following contacts:
How to Create a Shopping List
One of the great features of our online shopping experience is the ability to create a shopping list. If you have regular items you buy each week, create a list and you can order those at the click of a button! Maybe you need to make a list for that birthday party you are hosting; no problem, you can also make a list for a specific occasion and add items to the list as you remember them. You can easily add items to a list at any point in your shopping process:
- While logged in, from any product page or listing of products, you will see the list button above the ADD TO CART. Click on this and you can add any quantity of that item to an existing list or create a new list right from there.
- From your shopping cart page, you can select to move (and delete from your cart) any product to one of your lists or copy an item (to keep in your current cart) to any list as well.
Manage your lists from your account page by accessing your account options from the top right corner of the navigation bar, where it says “Hello, (your name)”. From the drop down, select LISTS to manage the items in any of your lists. You can also select, delete, and move your list or any items in your list to your shopping cart.
Email us at GoodFoods@goodfoods.coop or call the store at (859) 278-1813 ext. 0.